About Peter McKenna
Summary of Qualifications
Casework and Counseling – 30 years experience in Case Management and Counseling
Law Enforcement – 17 years experience with trial court system; assisting clients to meet court ordered sanctions, carefully documents facts, reports alleged violations to appropriate officer
Investigations -30 years experience in conducting interviews for recommendations
Public Relations -25+ years committee experience(Fitchburg Police Dept, Mac Center),creating literature(DPH). agency interface(DTA,LUK, Umass Medical Cntr)
Administrative -30 years experience maintaining legal records. Experienced with Trial Court Documents(LS,RN/R), preparing/submitting monthly client progress reports, maintains interagency contacts.
Adjunct Faculty – (1-2012 to present) Fitchburd State University, Fitchburg
• Teach Interviewing Skills & Addictive Disorders in the Psychology Dept.
Educator/Counselor – (3/97 to present) Worcester County Sheriff. Worcester S. Fitchburg
• Teach relapse prevention & provide recovery education for inmates in home detention.
Facilitator/Educator – (6/02 to 11/02) Common Purpose-New England Violence Prevention, Worcester
• Facilitated groups to treat violence in relationships.
Smoking Cessation Coordinator – (7/98 to 7/00) Spectrum Health Systems. Westboro
• Designed and implemented tobacco education and smoking cessation plans.
Vocational Coordinator/Residential Counselor – (5/95 to 10/97) Community Healthlink, Worcester
• Provided voc.& substance abuse counseling for homeless women and their families.
Executive Director – (9/94 to 1/95) Montachusett Alcoholism Council, Leominster
• Responsible for drop-in / referral center.
Counselor – (5/92 to 9/92) Spectrum Health Systems, Westboro
• Administered intake and crisis intervention in detoxification program.
Program Director – (11/90 to 2/92) Naukeag House, Leominster
• Coordinated daily operations of 28 day residential treatment center-managed case load.
M. S. Mental Health Counseling – Fitchburg State University May 2011
Licensed Alcohol-Drug Counselor – Level 1 – (8/31/04) License # 1379
Certified Alcohol-Drug Counselor – Level 2 – (8/31/04) Certification it 0754AL